U.S. County Tree Benefits
This tool allows you to easily view the numerous benefits that trees provide across your county or for a project area within the county.
Click the Get Started button and select one county from the map on the next page.
The following tree benefits can be accessed:
- Total carbon stored (tons and dollar value)
- Annual carbon sequestration (tons and dollar value)
- Air pollution removal per year (pounds of NO2 , SO2 , O3 , PM10 , or PM2.5
- Estimate the pollution removal effect relative to automobile emission (i.e., reduction in number of vehicles per year that equals pollution removal)
- Pollution removal value per year (dollar values associated with improved human health)
- Avoided health incidences due to improved air quality per year (numerous metrics including avoided mortality)
- Annual transpiration (millions of gallons)
- Annual interception (millions of gallons)
- Annual avoided runoff (millions of gallons, dollar value)
Special thanks to American Forests for helping fund the development of this tool.
i-Tree® does not endorse any specific web-browser, but has been tested with modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. Please, use the Feedback form to report issues. i-Tree is a registered trademark.
Warning: This tool can be very data intensive. It is not recommended for use on metered plans.
If i-Tree is not yet supported in your region, contact us to explore opportunities for funding collaboration.